Friday, May 16, 2008

A long time wish fulfilled!

Tonight is a first in my life...writing a blog post on my own patio. What's so great about that you ask? Other than the fact that I have been tied to a desk top computer in our computer room since 1992, this is a big deal for me. Here is my Mother's Day gift for this year!!!



My very first laptop computer. Ah well, it's a big deal for me. It literally is 6 times more powerful and three times the hard drive size than the desk top we bought three years ago. And it even cost less than the desk top too! I am enjoying it so much, while still figuring out all the new bells and whistles. I am finding, so far, that Windows Vista is very nice to use...it seems much smarter and anticipates my needs far better than Windows XP. I am sure there are still some bugs that they need to work out, but I am impressed after the first week. My only complaint, which I believe happens with most laptops, is that when I bring it outside on the patio the screen gets very hard to see. Not complaining though! I LOVE being able to use the computer where ever I want to! My family also bought me a small cordless mouse to use with it, a new router for excellent internet reception, and even a spiffy carrying case for travel. I feel very spoiled, and very happy!!!

No comments: