Okay, Karie-Leekie (sister) this is for you!!
1. My natural tendency is to think that 25 things about me is self indulgent. My sister tells me it isn't!
2. I am an introvert. I LOVE being an introvert, except when I am around a lot of Extroverts that expect me to act like them, and I can't think of a darn thing to say!! Stupid brain. I can always think of just the right thing to say a day or two after the fact.
3. My earliest memory is flying in an airplane with my parents. I remember lying on my mom’s lap and seeing the little round porthole windows that planes used to have. My mom says I was about a year old at the time. Someone has said that very early memories indicate a high intelligence. (How’s that for self indulgent! SMIRK).
4. I love to travel. I think it has something to do with #3. If I don’t get to travel for an extended period of time I feel deprived and sorry for myself.
5. My favorite place to travel to is Hawaii. I have been there four times, to three different islands. I am so lucky. I get to go for the fifth time in April, 09.
6. I LOVE Hawaii and we are planning on moving there when we retire. Unless we can figure out a way to go before then.
7. When I was 18 I spent a year traveling with the singing group “Up With People”. We got to do some amazing things…giving two performances at Carnegie Hall, doing a television show, singing at the governor’s mansion in Santa Fe, New Mexico, performing for the President’s daughter, as well as making lifelong friends and learning how to sing on a corded microphone and dance at the same time!
8. I earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Whitworth University, graduated cum laude, while working and paying my own way through college. (see #3 again!! SMIRK)
9. I love dark chocolate and crème brulee. Not necessarily at the same time.
10. I spent a month in Paris studying while I was in college. The first week I didn’t like it there very much. At the end of the month I didn’t want to leave and would have stayed for another semester if I had had any money.
11. Believe it or not, I like to garden and to have a pretty yard. Something about working in the dirt soothes the soul.
12. I got my love of gardening from my Dad, who in his 80’s still has a gorgeous yard.
13. I have never been fond of my middle name…probably because it only got used when I was in trouble as a kid! (Sorry Mom and Dad!)
14. I felt better about my middle name when my second granddaughter was also given it as her middle name.
15. My middle name is Lynn.
16. I had mono in 9th grade and had to stay in bed for week.
17. While I had mono, my Mom bought me some printed pillow cases and embroidery thread, and the passion of my life was born.
18. I have been stitching and doing some form of embroidery continuously since I was in 9th grade. Let’s see…40 years now. (How good is your math??? HA!)
19. Last year I started my own embroidery design business, designing and selling embroidery patterns nationwide.
20. I drive a PT cruiser. Ever notice that most of the drivers of PT cruisers are over 40?
21. I don’t really like to cook, and only do it when I have to. I dislike potlucks for just that reason. Love to eat, hate to cook.
22. If I had all the money in the world, I would have a cook.
23. I crave order, beauty and quiet in my surroundings. Without these three things I quickly fall apart.
24. I love to read. My favorite outing as a child was going to the library.
25. I love having grandchildren! It’s worth having kids just to have grandkids someday!
Sunday, February 08, 2009
Thursday, February 05, 2009
Last week we (Lacey Thread Designs) received a letter from Nordic Needle describing the stitching retreat they are having the end of April, and asking if the designers/suppliers/retailers would like to contribute toward a door prize and/or the goody bag that will be given to the 75 stitchers attending this years retreat. I immediately knew I would send some patterns for the door prizes, but then got to wishing I could do something for the goody bags, but providing for 75 people seemed overwhelming. Then I remembered I had a needle book pattern that I designed and never done anything with, so I excitedly brought it out, made some modifications, like adding NN (Nordic Needle) Retreat, and the date, and added a gorgeous heart bead! The patterns are being printed up this afternoon, and I am so excited about this project and gift for the stitchers. This pattern will not be published again by me until 2010, so it will give them a year of exclusive use too!!