Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Mission Accomplished!

I made it to a real live actual needlework shop on my lunch break. First time in about a year since I have been to one. Oh JOY! I went to Stitch-a-Cross on Mission Gorge Rd in San Diego, about 12 minutes from my class, so I was able to go in an hour. It was a little like going back 20 years, as she still had models from things I had stitched 20 years ago...and of course, 99% of the models did not have patterns in the shop. Oh well. I found some Gentle Arts and Weeks threads that are in the SB ornaments...not all of them of course, but grabbed what she had, and also some Watercolours for the Name Trees. A couple of very small Just Nan patterns that will be nice purse projects. The owner told me the shop I tried to get to Monday had closed only a MONTH ago! She also told me of a shop out near the ocean that I will try to get to after work this evening. At least San Diego is fairly easy to get around in.

3 comments:

Von said...

Hi Con! Glad you were able to get to one of the shops and I hope to hear better things about the newer one near the ocean :) It is discouraging to see so many old things in a shop. At least she had some nice threads!

Cathy B said...

I'm cheering for you! I'm always hunting down needlework stores when I travel too.

Anne S said...

I have to admit, the first thing I check out is the listing of needlework stores for where I'm travelling to ... Mum gets a bit fed up with it when we go on holiday together, but I figure it's my 'only vice' ;) My travel souvenirs these days are more likely to be a needlework item than anything else :) Glad to hear you managed to pick up some threads ...