Thursday, January 12, 2006

Another Success!

I drove for about 35 minutes yesterday to get to another Needlework shop. At least it was a straight shot on the same street as my class is on. It was Needlework Cottage, clear over by the ocean. I could see the water from the front porch. Very pretty area. I picked up the rest of the Weeks and Gentle Arts threads for the SB ornaments, but nothing else. The shop was good size, but 85% was yarns and threads. Great place for knitters.

Then I drove around for over an hour trying to find the remaining shop in town. Very hard to find. I finally stopped at a Starbucks and asked a lady who looked to be about my age. She knew right where it was. Of course, by the time I got there, it was closed for the night. It was right behind a Hooter's ( !) restaurant, so just peeked in the windows to see if it were worth going back for. I haven't decided if I will go back or not. It's a tricky place to get to.

On my way home, I got slightly lost....I knew I was going in the right direction, just couldn't find the street I wanted. I passed a Marie Calendar's, so stopped for dinner. I LOVE Marie Calendar's, we don't have one at home, so I decided to take advantage of it. I had a wonderful Stroganoff dish and cornbread. I did make it home and then admired all my new threads. Such fun!

5 comments:

Von said...

Ahhh, Marie Callendar's!! How many times did we go there for a meal or a treat after church when we lived down there! Glad you enjoyed your meal :)

Cathy said...

Yes, Marie Callendar's is the best. We used to have one close to the Twin Cities but it closed. Enjoy the rest of your stay in San Diego!

Amy Sue said...

Mom-
Isn't Marie Callendar's a frozen dinner brand? I didn't know it was a resturant. You're so lucky that you're down there right now. It's been pouring, and is supposed to continue to pour all week long. And I mean pour. Have a good rest of the week! Love you, and see you soon!

Connie said...

Hi Amy! Yep, the frozen dinners started with a restaurant. Same thing with Stoffers...it is a restaurant chain back east, the frozen meals came after the restaurant!

Mom

AnneS said...

Sounds like you're having a great time while you're away ... at least you managed to find at least one LNS open ;)