Saturday, April 30, 2011

Finally, the time has arrived!

I have been waiting for this impatiently since December 10th! I could hardly wait to get my tools out and get my hands dirty, and it just kept raining, and raining, and raining! Finally, this week, spring has decided to take up residence in the Pacific Northwest and I was able to do what I have been longing for since we bought this house! Transform the patio and flower beds from ugly and overgrown to beautiful and restful.

The picture of the patio before I began working!

I have always wanted to do a color coordinated flower garden, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. Friday afternoon I hit the garden departments of Home Depot and Lowe's and began making my choices! I was so excited to bring home a car load of pink, purple and white flowers!

Here is the result of my efforts...I love how it is looking, and in a few weeks when the plants have grown some it is going to be spectacular!

I am looking forward to spending many, many happy hours on the patio this summer!

No comments: