Thursday, July 26, 2007

Blog Anniversary


This week it has been officially 2 years since I started blogging. Amazing how quickly the time has gone by, how many new friends I have made, how many projects I have been inspired to stitch, and UFO's I have been encouraged to finish. It's been a great journey, and I hope it continues for many years more.

In honor of my blogversary, here is my annual picture of my daisies, taken each July in my backyard and posted here for your pleasure, or mine, more likely.

I have been extremely busy the last three weeks with decluttering and purging different nooks and crannies of my home. I feel absolutely compelled to get this all done for some reason, I am not sure why, but I cannot rest until all the extra "stuff" is gone out of my house and life. Maybe I am just tired of looking at the clutter, I don't know, but I have gotten rid of things that have been in my cupboards and storage for over 20 years. Feels pretty good to be a little less encumbered. I have many projects that are also needing to be done, such as a couple of scrapbooks for family members, and transferring years worth of slides into digital pictures, etc. I never seem to run out of things to keep me busy, LOL!!!

Anyway, with all the clearing out, I haven't felt much like stitching and blogging, which is why I have been so quiet.

We are still in the dark as to the gender of Amy's coming baby...the little critter absolutely refused to uncross his/her legs during the ultrasound intended for that purpose. Her insurance will not pay for another one unless deemed medically necessary, so we may not know until the birth day. We are all disappointed, as we wanted to start buying boy things if appropriate (she already has a little girl, Alana Jo, 20 months old).

So, until next time, happy stitches!

3 comments:

Von said...

Happy Blogaversary, Connie!! :D

I've been checking and checking to see if you've had an update about Amy's ultrasound and was going to email you if I didn't see something tonight, lol! Sometimes those little ones are uncooperative right from the beginning. :D Don't worry, the stores aren't going to run out of little boy clothes in the next few months. Just start setting aside those dollars you would have spent to have a big splurge when Baby R. arrives.

Mentally, I've been preparing myself for a big purge and reorganization. Not sure how it'll all get done; it would help a LOT if Gary would get the same bug. :D

Chelle said...

Happy blog-iversary!

Mystie said...

Too bad the baby wouldn't move! I was paranoid about that happening and, last minute before I left, ate a handful of marshmallows hoping that the sugar would make a wiggly baby. :) I'm not sure if that's really what did it, but the tech commented on her activity. :)