Saturday, May 19, 2007

Well, it's official....

My city is among the nation's rainiest places! I knew we get alot of rain, but according to a study by a San Francisco based company, we rank 24th in the nation. We even beat out Seattle and Portland (41 and 42 respectively) because we don't have a rain shadow to hide in like those two cities.

And get this...we have the MOST rainy days a year. The Most in the whole United States!!! we had 63 rainy days last year. Mobile Alabama came in second with 59. Our normal is between 40 and 80 rainy days.

So, it may not be important to you, but it is to me. It is validating to find out I wasn't imagining it!

Also, another announcement of great importance to myself and my family. Amy Sue is going to have a baby in November! Yep, I get to be a grandma again!!! Woo Hoo! We are all very excited!

No new stitching pictures today. However I would like to direct you to a new blog that I have contributed to, that seems to very popular. Pictures of Freebie designs that have been stitched by lots of people. If you are interested in seeing pictures of freebie designs, please check out The Freebie Gallery.

1 comment:

Von said...

The most rainy days! I feel a cloud forming overhead as I type this, lol! Well, for you it's home and feels right. I'd be on megadoses of Wellbutrin. :)

It's great to hear all is well with Amy and the baby! Prayers for a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery.