Sunday, November 05, 2006

Wet, wild and windy

Well, we sure didn't decide to ease into winter this year. It has hit us hard and fast, with bitter cold temperatures last week for Halloween, and now the Pineapple Express is bearing down on us, but first we had over 2 inches of rain yesterday!!! The pineapple Express is a weather trough from the Hawaii area that hits about once a year here in the Pacific Northwest, and brings torrents of warm rain (meaning floods) and lots of high winds. A saturated ground before the high winds means the trees are easily uprooted, causing damage to houses and disrupting power. Oh Joy! Well, maybe we will get all the nasty weather done this week, and we will be done for the year. At least I can hope, right?

So, because of the torrential rain yesterday it was a good day to sit under the comforter with a good movie and stitch the afternoon away. I finished Fall into Autumn (horray! I finally have a finish!) and scanned it this time instead of using the camera. The colors are much more true to real life, last weeks post was much too blue. I found the darling leaf bead at Shipwreck Beads last year and thought it was the perfect finishing touch. Which reminds me, it's been along time since I've been out to the store! I need to do that soon!

I think I will work on another small this afternoon, to see if I can make some progress. I have been stitching a freebie by The Drawn Thread called First Snow off and on for about 6 weeks. I found some darling bird buttons at the needlework shop in Victoria, B.C. last summer when I was up visiting Thea that are going to be very sweet.

Wow, lots of links this post to keep y'all busy!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess what..... I was actually able to pick up your blog on the same day it was posted. I really like your Fall into Autumn. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your day.

Von said...

After that cold Halloween, it's actually balmy here - 65 degrees when I woke up this morning. :D They say more rain is on its way to us, we got .2 inch yesterday. Not much to you, lol!

Your little Fall design looks great!

Karen said...

We got our first snowfall yesterday :(. I guess that means winter is officially here. I had to dig my winter coat out this morning.

I printed that Drawn Thread freebie off some time ago with the intentions of doing it. I look forward to seeing your's all finished. :)