Sunday, June 11, 2006

I can't think of a catchy title....

It's been a busy weekend, but fun! Yesterday John took me shopping for my birthday present..I had really been wanting some new patio furniture to go under our gazebo, so that's what we got! The chairs are so comfortable, and makes our outdoor "room" very inviting! I am planning on spending lots of time out there this summer. I went to a wedding shower this afternoon, and then mowed the lawn. John started the footings for a cement pad for a new shed to be built soon, and I pulled weeds and spruced up the flower beds a little. I am so pleased with the yard this year...after seven years of very hard work, it is finally paying off and looks fantastic now. Most of my flowers are one time bloomers, and have bloomed out now, so I need to get some annuals one of these days to fill in the bare spot...I like petunias as they bloom all summer and into autumn with the first frost. Perhaps next weekend I can get busy on that. We have a wedding to go to tomorrow night (on a Monday, so odd, I think this is the first weekday wedding I've ever been to), then Tuesday is my birthday. I am taking the day off of work and planning on pampering myself with a pedicure and stitching to my hearts content. I think the family has something planned but I am not sure what. Thursday is John's (DH) birthday, and then Father's Day on Sunday. Lots of fun this week!!!

I have finished Life's a Stitch, I actually finished the first part of last week, but didn't get around to posting a picture yet. I ended up using Waterlillies instead of the DMC overdyed. I just couldn't seem to choose one of the DMC colors to use, and so went with my all time favorite, Pistachio Nut for the outer border and Peach Cobbler for the inner border. The rest of the colors are regular DMC. I am pleased with how it turned out. I am back stitching on Wisemen Came (Shepherd's Bush ornament) now, and just have the words and the vine around the outside to do. Maybe I'll get a picture up this week.

I've gotten bit the Ebay bug again this week. On a whim I decided to see if anyone had the 2002 Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue up for bid, and found one at a good price, and I won the bid! I am so excited as it was the only year I didn't have in my collection, so I am hoping it will arrive in the next day or two. Now I am bidding on several collections of Weeks Dye Works threads, but the prices are so close to what I could pay in the LNS, that I am not working to hard on trying to win those bids. I've decided my next collection is going to be WDW threads...all of them! So many of the patterns I like now are using them extensively, so I think it will be worthwhile. If I do it a little at a time, it won't hurt so bad. I will probably sign up for the Monthly Bits club for these too.

7 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Birthday! Your gazebo looks so inviting. I love your furniture.

The colours you chose for Life's a Stitch turned out very well. It's quite cute. :) Congratulations on finishing it.

Von said...

Oh, Connie - yay! I'll be right over to stitch with you, lol! You are going to be spending LOTS of time enjoying your wonderful gazebo now.

Life's a Stitch turned out great, and now you've moved on to the next SB ornie! Maybe I can catch up when we've finished working on the house - next month.

Happy Birthday, dear friend!!

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday Connie!!! It sounds like a good one. This is the third blog I have seen with new patio furniture in a week. I am getting the "wants" They all look so comfy.
Have the BEST birthday.

mainely stitching said...

I love the Monthly Bits club - wish I'd joined ages ago!

Happy birthday to you!!!

Amy Sue said...

Happy Birthday Mommy!!!!

Anne S said...

I love your Life's a Stitch, and the colours you chose are really pretty :) Congrats on getting your 2002 JCS ornie issue on Ebay - what a wonderful tool that is when we're on the 'hunt' ... I got my 2001 issue that way too - only the 1999 one left for me to get, but I haven't given up hope yet ;)

Jinger said...

I love the colors you used on "Life's a Stitch!" It looks great!