Sunday, November 20, 2005

Teaching Hardanger

Amy was here spending the night with us Friday night and I showed her a small piece that I had designed last summer called My Heart's Garden with hardanger, pulled thread and ribbon flowers. She absolutely loved it and asked if we could take the same idea and design and stitch a birth sampler for Alana (due to be born November 21st). I said sure, so we sat down with the sketch book and drew up some things she wanted in the sampler. Amy said she would like to help stitch, so I pulled out some hardanger instructions and began to teach her how to do kloster blocks. She caught on very well, and after charting the first couple rows of the new baby sampler on the computer, I gave her the fabric and thread and got her started stitching the hardanger hearts...this will be a special sampler with both Mom and Grandma stitching and designing! I think the name should be something along the lines of My Child's Garden. Wish I had thought to take a picture of Amy stitching away on it!!!

They are going to induce Amy tomorrow, Monday the 21st. We are all so excited to finally see Alana!

1 comment:

Von said...

Connie, it's so sweet and satisfying for you to have Amy taking interest in stitching something this special for Alana!! Hope it's an interest that continues :)

Prayers for a good, healthy delivery for both Alana and Amy tomorrow!

Love to all,
Von