Monday, March 04, 2013

Well, I've put it off as long as I can.  Lacey Thread Designs is officially in "indefinite hiatus".  I am hesitant to say CLOSED, or OVER, or DONE, because I do not know what the future holds. Perhaps one day I will again pick up needle and thread and begin again. I do know that for right now, my life will not allow me to be designing any time soon.  There are some designs rattling around in my heart, but I don't have the time, space, quiet place or desire to even begin to express those ideas. 

Life has certainly not turned out the way I thought it would, desired that it would, or even worked to make it, and I have had been pushed off the path I had been traveling and enjoying by circumstances I cannot control, no matter how hard I try or protest.  My family has demanded my every last waking minute, and some of the ones when I should be sleeping too, as I care for my ailing elderly parents, encourage my unemployed husband in his quest for employment, children and grandchildren sharing my home, as well as holding down a full time job.  It is with some sadness that I let go of my own hopes and dreams to take care of others, but without rancor or bitterness, for family is infinitely more important. Perhaps one day I will be allowed to bring life to my dreams again.

Thank you to those of you who have supported me and encouraged my dream.  For those of you who purchased a design, a very special thank you.  I pray that you will be blessed many times over as you bring the design to life with your own fingers.  I have grown immeasurably, accomplished more than I ever thought possible, and have been richly blessed by the friends I have made.  God bless you all!

2 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Life may be on hold at the moment while you are doing that best of things..looking after your family. It can be very wearing, as I'm sure you are perfectly aware. God be with you and we'll be right here waiting for you when you can breathe again and return. :)

Tommye said...

While you're taking care of everyone else, don't forget to take a few minutes for yourself. It's important.

We'll be here when you get back.