Wednesday, July 04, 2007

My wonderful morning....

I complain alot about the rain here in Western Washington, but today I have no complaints as we have absolutely beautiful weather. I spent a wonderful couple hours on the patio with my journal, my coffee and my stitching, a fresh rose from my garden adorning the table. I feasted on fresh raspberries that I picked this morning and thought I must have touched heaven's portal. It was glorious!!

It is the Fourth of July here in the States, Independence Day. My family is joining other friends and family at my brother's house later this afternoon. He lives on a lake, with a great beach, so it is the perfect day for a barbeque, swimming, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, etc. At dusk his neighbors have a contest to see who can set off the biggest and best (i.e., most expensive) fireworks display in the county. It is fantastic, and we watch continuous fireworks for nearly 2 hours. What fun! I arranged to go into work late tomorrow too, so I can enjoy all the festivities and still sleep in tomorrow.

I have been busy stitching and finished another UFO, Terry's Needlecase this time. I haven't taken any pictures yet, but will get those taken and posted soon.

Happy Fourth my American Friends!!!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Dear Connie,
This table looks like the perfect peaceful time. It's so nice to take time with a journal and some stitching, especially outside! I wish I'd been there with you. Hope you are having a happy Summer...it looks like you are!
Hugs,
Deb