Thursday, June 01, 2006

Some yummy threads and another finish!

I had seen on the Nordic Needle newsletter that DMC had some new overdyes available...well, I LOVE overdyes, so I needed to check them out. I went to all the craft stores in town that carry DMC, and none of them had stocked them yet, so I decided to see what I could find on the internet. I googled the overdyes, and ended up at Stitching Bits and Bobs, and decided to go ahead and order them. This was on a Friday afternoon. By dinner time I had an email in my box that the order had been shipped!! Talk about quick service!!! and they were in my mailbox by Monday afternoon! I was so pleased, I plan on using Stitching Bits and Bobs ALOT! I even signed up for their monthly Bits club, receiving 3 skeins of Caron Waterlillies every month.

Anyway, back to the overdyes...I would liken them to Weeks, with perhaps a bit of a softer feel. The colors are definitely in the line of Weeks, not the variation drama of Caron. I plan on trying them out on Lizzie Kate's Life's a Stitch this weekend. Here are some pictures of the threads. I'll post a picture of Life's a Stitch when I get it finished.

I also finished up a tiny project that I started on the plane coming home from Disneyland last month..I am very pleased with it, sorry for the blurry picture.

So far, we have not heard anything from the neurologist regarding Alana's EEG. I am hoping we will soon. Thanks for continuing to remember her in prayer.

4 comments:

Von said...

I missed seeing the bit about the overdyes! They're really gorgeous. Thanks for the tip about SB&B. I get emails from them, but haven't ordered yet.

mainely stitching said...

I just got a set of the DMC overdyed threads from Annemarie for my birthday and I can't wait to use them!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow - those threads look lovely. Thanks for sharing the info about them - I never would have known that DMC was making them! :)

Rachael said...

I bought some of these overdyes a while ago but haven't used thenm much- I always seem to forget they are there. Be sure and post the Lizzy kate when you are finished.
I am keeping Alana in my thoughts- I hope you hear good news soon.