Saturday, February 18, 2006

Discontent

I wandered around my house last night, in and out of my stitching room/office, wanting to stitch, but way to tired to sit down and work on a project where I had to think (ie designing) or mess around with lots of threads and the mess in my stitching basket. Am I the only one who feels this way? I had a couple of smalls I have really been wanting to work on, but again I was too mind numb and tired to even try and think about pulling fabric and making thread choices. I decided that I need to make up a bunch of small, compact and neat kits to pull out in such a time. So I hope to get around to that sometime this weekend. If I make several and put them into appealing packaging (not sure what that will be yet) then it will be easier to stitch when I am tired.

Lizzie's birthday party with her friends is this afternoon. I really should be out picking up the house and vacuuming. She is 11 this year, and it has been amazing to watch her mature this winter. On her actual birthday on Thursday, we went up and cleaned out ALL the toys and stuffed animals from her bedroom. That would have been unthinkable a few months ago. So now they line the walls of the upstairs den...probably to either go into storage or migrate their way to Alana.

The wind has died down some today, but is still blowing enough to get the wind chill way down. The cars didn't even ice up last night, really weird considering it got down to single digits in Fahrenheit. It still looks like a gorgeous summer morning to look outside.

Here is a bit of the band I added to Alana's birth sampler last Monday. I was pleased with the way it turned out. I had never stitched drawn thread and pulled thread together, it's an interesting band. Even more, Amy liked it too.

2 comments:

Amy Sue said...

Lizzie is really growing up, isn't she? The sampler is looking great! Haha, everyone, I get to see it all and you don't!;)

Anne S said...

The birth sampler is looking scrummy from the littl piece we can see :)) And I know what you mean about the 'mess' and energy taken to kit up new projects - to me that is the part that spoils it for me ... so while Mum was here we had a little production team thing going - I'd cut off threads, and she'd tie them onto little organiser cards I made up, and I kitted up some little projects ready to pick up when I needed something quick to do, along with the threads and fabric ... took hours just for a few little projects!